BM3 Asymmetrical DCC Block and Signal Module
The current-carrying capacities stated below may not be exceeded as this could damage the block section module!
Maximum continuous current-carrying capacity
70 x 60 x 20 mm
Requirements for using the ABC technology
To use the ABC technology with BM1, BM2 and BM3 block section modules, you will need GOLD or SILVER series locomotive decoders or other decoders that support Asymmetrical DCC.
How does the ABC technology work?
ABC manages to accomplish just what model railroaders crave, precise on-the-spot stopping in front of signals, slow approach and passage in the opposite direction.
By means of simple modules, which supply the braking section in front of a signal, an asymmetry is created in the otherwise symmetrical digital track voltage. Naturally, this occurs only if the signal is at "Stop". This asymmetry
informs the locomotive decoder about the signal status: A "Stop" signal indicates an asymmetry - the train will stop or slow down.
Additional advantages of the ABC technology:
· All locomotive functions (e.g. front lighting) can still be switched while the locomotive stops in front of the signal.
· Programming in operational mode (POM) possible.
· The locomotive can reverse away again from the signal!
· A locomotive can pass in the opposite direction, even if the signal is at "Stop".
· Shunting is possible, even if the signal is at "Stop". Simply activate the shunting mode!
· No short-circuits when crossing section points between the driving and stopping sections.
Using the BM3 block section module
The BM3 block section module uses the ABC technology to facilitate the simply construction of a block section. Each block is equipped with a BM3 module so that an infinite number of blocks can be added.
The BM3 block section module is used to control the block signals. You can connect light signals directly; signals with double-coil drive require a BMA adapter.
Control of block sections by means of BM3 modules is suitable for push and pull operation. If you want to use rear-powered (pushed) trains (push-pull trains, commuter trains, motor coaches), the first coach must be fitted with a power consumer. Simply use interior lighting or, if using a driving coach, a function decoder for controlling the direction-dependent front lighting.
Manual for BM-3